Listen as we clear up this thinking with a Bible.
Can We Lose our Salvation?
1) We are kept saved by the power of God: [1st Peter 1:3-5] Our inheritance in Heaven is kept by the power of God, not us.
2) Jesus promises us Eternal (everlasting) life: [John 3:14-18], [John 3:36], [John 5:24], [John 6:37], [John 10: 27-30]
3) If God promises us eternal life, He will not take it back. [Romans 11:29] “For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.” So God does not change His mind on the gifts He promises us. Guess what one of these gifts are? [Romans 6:23] “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Also [Ephesians 2:8-9].
4) If God promises us everlasting life and you still believe you can lose it then you make God a liar, but God cannot lie: [Titus 1:2], [Numbers 23:19].
5) He knows you: [Galatians 4:9] “But now, after that ye have known God (you have accepted Him as your saviour), or rather are known of God…” Now if God knows us how could He be able to say to us in [Matthew 7:19-23] “Depart from me I never knew you…”
6) For God to send someone saved to hell would involve Him cutting off parts of Jesus Christ’s body and casting them into hell: [Ephesians 5:30] “For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.” Once you become part of His flesh and bones, the only way He could send you to hell is by mutilating His own body!
7) When we are saved we are then predestinated to be conformed to His image and our home in Heaven [John 14:3], [Ephesians 1:11], [Romans 8:29-30].
Some Things that we have obtained in this dispensation that the Old Testament saints never did:
8.) We are “Born Again” into God’s Family – No one ever in the Old Testament was ever born again. But we are today when we accept Jesus Christ as our Saviour [John 3:3-7], [1st Peter 1:23]. We now are the children of God and He is our Father: [Romans 8:15], [1st John 3:1-2], [John 1:12], [Galatians 3:26].
9) We have the Indwelling Holy Spirit – The Old Testament saints didnt have this promise, the Holy Spirit could come and leave a person as He pleased : [1st Samuel 10:5-6], [1st Samuel 16:14], [Psalm 51:11]. We are sealed by the Holy Spirit [Ephesians 1:13, 4:30]. This permanent indwelling and sealing of the Holy Ghost is something new that we now obtain ever since Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose again. Jesus explained this in: [John 14:16-17], [John 14:26], [John 15:26], [John 16:7, 12-14]
10) We today, when we are saved receive the righteousness of Jesus Christ, the Old Testament saints never did before Jesus Christ died and rose again: [Romans 3:21-22], [Romans 4:8-9], [Romans 10:3-4], [2nd Corinthians 5:21], [Titus 3:4-8, 14]. So we are not saved nor kept saved by our righteousness but by Jesus Christ’s righteousness. Our good works did not save us nor will they keep us saved [Titus 3:8,14].
11) We are preserved in Christ Jesus [Jude 1]
12) Jesus will present us faultless [Jude 24]
13) Christ will continue His good work in us until the Day of Jesus Christ [Philip. 1:6]
14) Nothing can seperate us from the love of God [Romans 8:38-39] and the love of God is everlasting life to whoever accepts Him as their personal Saviour [John 3:16].
15) We as Christians still do sin now that we are saved [1st John 1:8], but now that we are born of God, to God we are still sinless since we have accepted Christ and born into God’s seed [1st John 3:9].