Clear up the confusion with this podcast episode.
Website: That's In The Bible?
Join Our Mailing List
The Superiority of the King James Bible
Introduction: Many bible colleges today if not most teach that the King James Bible is only a translation, and as a result is not infallible. They teach that only the original autographs were ever inspired by God. Now since those originals have long since disintegrated and all we have is copies of the originals these professors believe that the King James Bible cannot be perfect. So tonight I want to give you a few out of the hundreds of reasons why the King James Bible is the infallible (never fails), inherent (absolutely no mistakes), pure words of the living God.
2) A translation can be even better than the originals. Lets look and see what God thinks about translations rather than what fallible man thinks. Listed here are the only three passages in the Bible talking about translating.
A)(2nd Samuel 3:9-10) Here God translates Saul’s Kingdom to David. If you do any Bible reading at all you know that Saul had many problems and was not God’s choice to be King. Although David had some problems of his own he was God’s choice to be king. Also the Lord Jesus Christ came from the lineage of David. So God does the translating here and its translated to something better.
B)(Colossians 1:12-14) “Who hat delivered us from the power of darkness, and that translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:” Again God is the one doing the translating and He translated to something much better.
C) (Hebrews 11:5) “By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.” Again God does the translating and the translation is always to something better.
D) So God used men to translate into the King James Bible perfectly His words just as He had used man to write down His very words in the original autographs. It was ultimately God that wrote the Bible and its ultimately God that translated His words into the English in the KJV perfectly and without error.
E) A few reasons, and by no means all the reasons why the King James Bible is superior even over the originals is because:
1. The King James Bible has chapter and verse headings while the originals never did. We can very easily all turn to any of the passages God has laid on the preachers hearts, or even in our individual Bible studies, but if we had the originals it would be impossible to all turn to the same place.
2. The Manuscripts that have been found were either all in upper case or all in lower case letters. But the King James Bible has both upper and lower case letters. For example when we see Spirit we know that it is the Holy Spirit because the S is capitalized. Also Word we know is the Lord Jesus Christ because the W is capitalized. With the originals and the manuscripts this would be impossible.
3. Also most of us do not know Greek and Hebrew. The King James Bible is written in the common mans language in the English. The majority of the world today, whether you want to be a great business man or in the military you have to learn English as a second language. So God has used the English to get the Gospel across the world.
3) The King James Bible was translated under a king:(Ecclesiastes 8:4) says; “Where the word of a king is, there is power:” All the other modern versions were not translated under a king. The king’s name was “James” which is the English name for “Jacob”. Jacob is a Jewish name, and in the Bible Jacob was renamed “Israel” because he had power with God and with men (Genesis 32:28). So God not only translated His words through a king, but He also waited until a King with a Jewish name. We know that in (Romans 3:2) God says that the words of God (oracles) were committed unto the Jews. So in like manner the King James Bible is translated under a King with a Jewish name. God is always consistent in how he does things.
4) The King James Bible was translated from the majority text: The majority text means that of all the manuscripts they found, which equal over 5,000 all line up with the King James Bible. 95% of all manuscripts supports the King James Bible, while all the other modern versions are supported by only 5% of the manuscripts. These manuscripts that the other modern versions were translated from were corrupt. These manuscripts are call the “Vaticanus” and the “Siniaticus”, these manuscripts were filled with many roman catholic alterations to line up with what they believe. They also included the Apocrypha which the Lord Jesus Christ excluded from the old testament (Luke 24:44).
5) The King James Bible has no copyright: Every other Bible version on the market has a copyright on them. The KJV is the only one that can be copied and distributed without having to get anybodies permission or pay royalties. So churches are able to produce KJV Bibles and spread the Gospel around the world having only to pay for the materials to make them. This goes along with what God teaches us in His word (2nd Timothy 2:9) “Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound.” The KJB is not bound up in copyrights so that it can be distributed freely. (Proverbs 23:23) says; “Buy the truth, and sell it not…” All these new versions coming out almost yearly now is just to make money off of their copyrights. Those behind the new versions do not have a love for the word of God, but a love of money (1st Timothy 6:10).
6) An Obvious reason why the KJV is God’s perfect preserved words because it has not been proven wrong once in 400 years.No one has been able to disprove the fact that every word in the KJV are God’s pure inherent words. It is innocent until proven guilty. Scholars for 400 years have been trying to find errors and haven’t been able to find one single one! All the other versions have many mistakes while the King James Bible stands as the Authorized Version, the Bible that God Authorizes.
7) The KJV exalts the Lord Jesus Christ higher than any other(John 5:39) Jesus sais; “Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: And they are they which testify of me.” The Bible that contains every word of God will testify of the Lord Jesus Christ and not attack His deity, or His virgin birth, or His blood atonement, or His bodily resurrection, or his second coming, or any other doctrines concerning Himself. The new versions since the KJV all attack these doctrines. Here are just a few examples of the changes out of hundreds that can be mentioned:
-Virgin Birth: (Isaiah 7:14), (Luke 1:34), (Luke 2:33)
– Blood Atonement: (Colossians 1:14), (Acts 20:28), (Ephesians 1:7), (Rev. 1:5)
– Bodily Resurrection: (Acts 1:3), (Luke 24), also the last 12 verses of Mark.
– His Deity: (Acts 10:28), (John 9:35), (1st Timothy 3:16)
– His Second Coming: (Revelation 11:15), (Titus 2:13)
8 ) Absolute time comes from Greenwich England, absolute location (latitude and longitude) comes from Greenwich England, absolute measurement (the British thermal unit), so absolute truth has to come from England the King James Bible.
9) The time that the KJV was translated:We have 7 time periods in church history given to us in the book of Revelation. At this time we are now at the 7th and final church period. We are in the Laodicean church period (Revelation 14-22) which is the last church period before the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. Laodicea means “the rights of the people”. We know this is our church age because never in the worlds history have we had so many rights of the people. We have the human rights, the women rights, the gay rights, and so on. The KJV was finished in 1611 during the Philadelphia church period. This is the best church period of them all because in (Revelation 3:8,10) God said that they are the only ones that “kept His word.”
10) The KJV was translated for the purpose of bringing forth fruit. The biggest revivals took place during the Philadelphia church period when the KJV was available. In (Matthew 7:20) Jesus Christ says; “Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.” Charles Spurgeon, Dwight L. Moody, and Wesley were all KJV bible believers during the Philadelphia church period along with Billy Sunday who had led over one million people to the Lord Jesus Christ.
-Now about this fruit: #9 is the number of the fruit of the spirit.
A)(Genesis 9:1)”And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.
B) The book of Galatians is the 9th book in the New Testament.
-Galatians as a word has 9 letters in it.
-When you turn to (Galatians 5:22) you have the 9 fruits of the Spirit.
-When you add up 5+2+2=9.
-Abraham was mentioned 9 times in the book of Galatians.
-Abraham was 90 while Sarah was 99 when they were to have Isaac their son.
C) Paul, the greatest Christian that ever lived who was the most fruitful Christian gets saved in Acts chapter 9.
D) Now that we see the number 9 is the fruit of the Spirit, we can now count up the letters in:
-Holy Bible = 9 letters
-Scripture = 9 letters
-word of God = 9 letters
-1+6+1+1 = 9
-King James = 9